Hey! My name is Mickayla and I am the Youth Minister for Saint Paul and Resurrection Parishes! I have had the pleasure of meeting some of you already but there are many of you who are new faces to me. So please, if you see me, please come up and introduce yourself!
Now, a little about me!
10 Random but True Things about Mickayla
- I was born in Massachusetts but I grew up in Maine, about 20 minutes from Stephen King.
- The first place I ever read a Stephen King book was in Montorosso, Italy.
- I swam competitively in middle and high school, my stroke of choice being 100 fly.
- I am trained in ballet, tap, jazz and hip-hop (but lets be honest, the only interesting thing there is hip-hop).
- I lived in Austria for four months and used to travel to different countries every weekend. I ate all the different foods, I got lost, I slept in a train station etc.
- I’m a dog person all the way!
- I rather be on a mountain than at the beach.
- I taught myself how to play guitar my Freshman year of college and I love playing so lets jam!
- I am relieved that I only have to think of one more thing.
- I am proud to say that I am not [currently] addicted to coffee!
To contact Mickayla, please use the following e-mail address: Mhagar@stpaulhingham.org
Meet Fr. Matt!
My name is Fr. Matt Norwood, and I have been assigned as the Parochial Vicar at Resurrection and St. Paul’s since August 2020. I was ordained a priest of Jesus Christ on August 1, 2020 and I am really happy to be in Hingham for my first assignment.
I grew up in Wellesley, MA, attending public schools there through high school. I have an older sister who currently lives in Los Angeles, and my parents are still residing in my childhood home in Wellesley. After high school, I attended George Washington University in Washington, DC for a year before I entered college seminary. I transferred to the Catholic University of America, where I studied from 2013-2016 while I was in formation for the priesthood. In 2016, I returned home to Boston and continued my studies at Saint John’s Seminary in Brighton. As a transitional deacon, I served at St. Columbkille Parish in Brighton from 2019-2020.
The Lord has clearly put His seal on Seaside LifeTeen, and I am so excited to be a part of it. I really look forward to getting to know many of you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of help to you in any way – we are following Jesus and serving Him together. I am praying daily for fruit to continue to be borne in Hingham that will lead many souls to encounter Jesus Christ and give themselves completely to Him.