Hey! My name is Mickayla and I am the Youth Minister for Saint Paul and Resurrection Parishes! I have had the pleasure of meeting some of you already but there are many of you who are new faces to me. So please, if you see me, please come up and introduce yourself!
Now, a little about me!
10 Random but True Things about Mickayla
- I was born in Massachusetts but I grew up in Maine, about 20 minutes from Stephen King.
- The first place I ever read a Stephen King book was in Montorosso, Italy.
- I swam competitively in middle and high school, my stroke of choice being 100 fly.
- I am trained in ballet, tap, jazz and hip-hop (but lets be honest, the only interesting thing there is hip-hop).
- I lived in Austria for four months and used to travel to different countries every weekend. I ate all the different foods, I got lost, I slept in a train station etc.
- I’m a dog person all the way!
- I rather be on a mountain than at the beach.
- I taught myself how to play guitar my Freshman year of college and I love playing so lets jam!
- I am relieved that I only have to think of one more thing.
- I am proud to say that I am not [currently] addicted to coffee!
To contact Mickayla, please use the following e-mail address: Mhagar@stpaulhingham.org
Meet Fr. Sinisa
Hello Everyone! It’s pleasure to have started up Seaside Lifeteen while being in Hingham. God has some amazing things in store for our Hingham community. We pray that many of our young people find God here at Resurrection. If you have any questions, comments, and concerns don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find me also on facebook (Sinisa Ubiparipovic) and instagram (frsinisa).
I was originally born in modern day Bosnia. Eventually during the civil war, my family and I moved to Germany and then to the States in ’99. I finished High School in Lynn, MA and then went off to Bentley University where I got my degree in Accounting. While at Bentley, and after having studied abroad in Madrid, Spain and having traveled 10 countries, I began to ask the bigger questions in life and what God wanted me to do. Eventually he lead me to the seminary to study for the priesthood. I was ordained in 2015 at Holy Cross Cathedral and was assigned to Hingham shortly after that. So far, it’s been an amazing experience with great people.
My name is Mary O’Connor and I will be helping Fr. Sinisa and Mickayla with the Confirmation and Life Teen program. I am very excited to help out with this great , new , and exciting program! I was the confirmation director for 5 years and am happy to be back with you all! My main job with be coordinating the confirmation portion (service hours, retreats, review classes and paperwork) and I will also be the parent liaison for the program. I know this will be a wonderful year for your 9th and 10th graders!
I have 5 children of my own, married to Austin and have been a member of Resurrection Parrish for 25 years! I have my teaching credential from USD and also my masters degree from Boston College.