***Note: All required forms and payments are to be sent to: Resurrection Parish, Attn: Mickayla Hagar, 1057 Main st., Hingham, MA. Payments to be made out to “St. Paul’s Parish” with “Life Teen (insert event name)” in the memo.
All events are open to those in grades 9-12!
All events cancelled until further notice due to COVID-19
Life Night 2019-2020:
Remaining Dates: 3/29, 4/5, 4/19, 4/26, 5/3
Location: Resurrection Church
Time: 6:30 – 8 PM; following the 5:30 PM Life Teen Mass
Description: Life Nights are open to all teens, grade 9-12, and also serve as an opportunity for those preparing for Confirmation to receive points. They will be the primary time each week where social activities, current teen issues, or catechesis will be given in an engaging and relevant way. Life Nights will be held following the Life Teen mass from 6:30-8 PM in Read Hall below Resurrection Church.
Discipleship Week (Can Substitute for Yearly Retreat):
Date: June 24th – 28th, 2020
Location: Assumption College Worcester, MA
Cost: $100.00 – Please make check payable to”St. Paul” with “Discipleship Week 2020 and you/your child’s name” in the memo
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO PUT DOWN THE $50 DEPOSIT TO BRAINTREE (Checks should be made payable to “Office of Lifelong Faith Formation” with “Discipleship Week 2020” in the memo line. All checks will be mailed to: Office of Lifelong Faith Formation | Attn: Discipleship Week | 66 Brooks Dr. | Braintree, MA 02184) WITHIN 10 DAYS OF YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION TO HOLD YOUR SPOT. YOU WILL THEN ONLY OWE $50 TO ST. PAUL.
Description: Dig deep in your Catholic faith with other teens from all around New England. Learn more about the Gospel, prayer, leadership, and how to live as a disciple of Christ all on Assumption College’s beautiful campus. During free time join in outdoor sports, a movie night, indoor games, and for those artistically inclined (or not), arts and crafts!
Promo Video: https://vimeo.com/266398283
1. Online Registration: https://disciplesinmission.com/registration (Please provide proof of online registration by forwarding the confirmation email to email@example.com)
2. Parish Liability and Permission Form
3. Archdiocese Liability Form: https://disciplesinmission.com/discipleshipweek (Please CC firstname.lastname@example.org on the email to the archdiocese for proof of a completed form)
4. Archdiocese Code of Behavior: https://disciplesinmission.com/discipleshipweek (Please CC email@example.com on the email to the archdiocese for proof of a completed form)
5. Modesty Guideline Acknowledgement: https://d2y1pz2y630308.cloudfront.net/14184/documents/2019/11/DW%20Modesty%20Guidelines.pdf (Please CC firstname.lastname@example.org on the email to the archdiocese for proof of a completed form)
6. Non-Refundable Payment – Please make remainder of payment (see NOTE above) payable to”St. Paul” with “Discipleship Week 2020 and you/your child’s name” in the memo
Ecuador Mission Trip:
Who: Any students in college or rising college freshman
Where: Chonta Punta, Ecuador
When: June 1st-10th, 2020
What: Spend 9 days with Family Mission Company’s full time missionaries in Ecuador and experience a life that is centered around evangelization and service. In Chonta Punta, Ecuador mission trip participants go out to share the Good News with the locals through their loving witness and sharing testimonies of God’s grace working in their lives. Missionaries will spend their mornings engaged in Christian service: work projects such as the building of a chapel; visiting the sick, elderly, and handicapped; and assisting in the material needs of the people. The whole experience is rooted in prayer and fellowship, giving the participants an opportunity to grow closer to the Lord. In the evenings, the team will travel to nearby pueblos, or towns, to celebrate Mass, hold prayer services, and share our testimonies.
Deadline for Paperwork/Deposit: February 10th, 2020
1. Parish Permission and Liability
3. Online Registration (Enter Code INV-1156 when registering)
4. $500.00 Non-Refundable Deposit (Made out to “St. Paul” with “Ecuador 2020 and you/your child’s name” in the memo)
5. Photocopy of Passport (Must be valid for at least 6 months after final day of travel)
College Summer School of Missionary Evangelization:
Date: June 21st – July 18th, 2020
Location: Picota, Peru
Company: Family Missions Company
Cost: $1,500 plus airfaire
Description: This summer, Family Missions Company will again be hosting its annual Summer School of Missionary Evangelization (SSME). Join full-time missionaries for a month-long mission immersion program, learning about the Church’s mission while living it out! Students will enjoy an intense life of daily community and personal prayer, fellowship, service in various apostolates, and Christian formation through study. The curriculum will include an in-depth study of the Book of Acts, excerpts from documents of Vatican II related to evangelization, St. John Paul II’s encyclical Mission of the Redeemer, and core teachings from FMC’s Sí Señor program designed for forming FMC’s own full-time missionaries. The courses will be presented by our missionaries, including a teaching workshop equipping you with tools for spreading the Gospel. Participants will also enjoy occasional excursions and days of recollection in some of the most beautiful, awe-inspiring locations on the globe! If you are looking for more than a one-week trip and want to journey deeper into the Church’s mission, then our SSME program is designed for you. Consider spending a month with us this summer, growing in servant leadership and the ability to evangelize, while learning how to apply your missionary experience to everyday life.
Note: All fundraising, airlines etc. on your own
Greece/Turkey Pilgrimage (Can Substitute for Yearly Retreat):
Date: July 28th – August 6th, 2020
Cost: Estimated $3,150
Description: Join Seaside Life Teen as we travel to Greece and Turkey with Proximo Travel! We will be walking where Saint Paul walked and coming up close and personal with the different passage of Scripture that we hear at Mass each week!
Deadline For Online Parish Application, Online Parish Liability/Permission Form, Greece Signature Page, and Deposit $500 Non Refundable Deposit (Made out to “St. Paul” with “Greece 2020 and you/your child’s name” in the memo) : February 10th, 2020
1. Parish Liability and Permission
2. Travel Company Application (ONLY UPON PARISH APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE!!!!; Only sign up if you are 100% sure) Check the “Check” option.
3. Parish Application
4. Mandatory Liability Form (Name must match passport)
5. Notary Letter – If you are under 18 at any point during the time of the trip, you are required to have a notarized letter from your parents/legal guardian saying the following:
“I (parent/legal guardian name here) hereby give full and complete permission for (minor child’s name here) to Seaside Life Teen to Greece and Turkey through Proximo Travel, LLC during the dates of July 28th – August 6th, 2020. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Parishes of Saint Paul and Resurrection, their staff along with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Boston, a Corporate Sole, and its agencies, officers, and employees from and against any and all claims of any nature including all costs, expense and attorneys’ fees, which in any manner result from actions during this activity or event; and waive and release forever the Parishes of Saint Paul and Resurrection, their employees along with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Boston, a Corporate Sole, and its agencies, officers, and employees from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damages, property theft, or claims of any nature which may hereafter accrue as a direct or indirect result of the participation in the activity or event.
Signature and Date
Notary Signature, Date and Stamp”
6. $500 Non-Refundable Deposit: (Covers spot and airfare; Made out to “St. Paul” with “Greece 2020 and you/your child’s name” in the memo)
7. Photocopy of Passport (Must be valid for at least 6 months after final day of travel)
8. Apply for E-Visa for Turkey – https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
C.A.M.P.S (Can Substitute for Yearly Retreat):
Date: Monday, August 3-Saturday, August 8th, 2020
Costs: For more details, please contact Tahni Morell at email@example.com /(781) 413-5093.
Location: Lakeside Christian Conference Center in Pittsfield, MA.
Description: C.A.M.P.S. blends a variety of creative activities, music, games, talks, discussions, worship, concerts, campfires and tournaments into a powerful one week retreat adventure. It will be an opportunity for youth to meet new people, have a lot of fun in a way never imagined, to deepen their faith and strengthen them spiritually for challenges ahead.
Contact Information: For more information and for an online registration, visit www.campsministry.com, or contact Tahni Morell at firstname.lastname@example.org /(781) 413-5093.