***Note: All required forms and payments are to be sent to: Resurrection Parish, Attn: Mickayla Hagar, 1057 Main st., Hingham, MA. Payments to be made out to “St. Paul’s Parish” with “Life Teen (insert event name)” in the memo.
All events are open to those in grades 9-12! Points only apply to those in the Resurrection Confirmation program.
Points: 100 per night
Date: 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10, 12/17, 1/7, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/25 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/8, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27
Description: Sunday from 6:30-8 PM following Mass. These nights will include different topics of discussion and varying activities at Resurrection (Read Hall). This will be the major time set aside for catechesis for those in high school.
March For Life
Date: Thursday, January 18th – Saturday the 20th, 2018
Cost: $180 per person; includes –
- Transportation to and from Washington, DC
- One night hotel stay (quad occupancy)
- Witness to Life apparel
Payment are to be made out to St. Paul with you/your child’s name and March for Life 2018 in the memo
Departure Time: Following rally at St. Stephen’s in Framingham
Return: Back to St. Stephen’s by 9:30 PM (Potential to rent a bus/caravan back to Resurrection depending on the amount of people we have signed up)
Location: Washington D.C.
Description: Join us for the March for life in Washington, DC where we have the opportunity to be the voice for those who have none. We will peacefully march through our national’s capital, taking a stand for all the unborn and asking for an end to abortion in our country.
- Pilgrimage kick-off rally, Jan. 18 in the Boston area
- March for Life in Washington D.C., Jan. 19
- Mass with Cardinal Seán O’Malley
- Adoration, confession and prayer post-march
- Small and large group discussions
- Cultural activity in Washington, D.C., Jan 20
Deadline: November 20th, 2017 for forms and payment
More Information: http://www.bostoncatholic.org/Offices-And-Services/Office-Detail.aspx?id=32937; Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adults who would like to join us on this trip will also need to make sure that they have completed a CORI form for the 2017-2018 year (Archdiocese requirement). Please contact St. Paul or Resurrection Parish to check if you have.
An information session will be held for all those interested in going to Haiti on September 21st from 7-8 PM at Resurrection.
Dates: February 17th-24th, 2018 OR April 14th-21st, 2018
Applications Due: All forms and photo copy of passport for both trips are due October 1st (Upon acceptance, remaining paperwork is due November 1st)
Costs: $2,200 (independently fundraised)
Max Attendance: 15 teens
Location: Located in the villages of Duverger and Danndan approximately 80 miles west of Port au Prince. We head 57 miles west then turn left into the mountains for another 20 miles. You get to see the city, coast line and then up into the mountains for a fun adventure through the country side (crossing a shallow river now and then!) The ride usually is about three-four hours with stops along the way for bathroom breaks etc. Occasionally traffic can make the trip longer.
Vaccinations: We do not check to see who is or who is not vaccinated. Some missionaries get all of them and some missionaries do not get any. More information will come in our informational meeting.
Cell Service/Internet?: No cell phones will be allowed on this trip (no, not even for pictures). Internet service is also very limited (i.e. if there is one cloud in the sky, the internet doesn’t work…not exaggerating). When available, Mickayla will send 1-2 update e-mails.
Lodging: We stay within the orphanage’s locked compound with indoor showers/toilets, and electricity.
Requirements: 1) All forms below plus photocopy of your passport (see #3 below) are due NO LATER THAN October 1st (Additional forms to follow) Completed forms are to be turned into Mickayla at Resurrection Rectory during normal business hours. Forms must be completed by every person attending the mission trip (including the adult chaperones).
2) You must attend all informational meetings/team bonding. All meetings will take place in Read Hall (Lower Resurrection Church).
3) Photocopy of your passport. As a general rule, passports should have at least six months of validity when traveling internationally. Most countries will not permit a traveler to enter their country unless the passport is set to expire at least six months after the final day of travel. That means if your passport has less than six months remaining until the expiration date, you should renew it right away (Federal Rule)!
Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjgPuCL6kwc (Also see “Previous Events” for more videos)
All 5 Forms, a photocopy of your passport, and a $500 deposit are due October 1st for one to be considered for acceptance:
1. Application (Students AND Chaperones)
2. Release of Liability
3. Covenant Not to Sue
4. Emergency Contact
5. Parish Liability
6. Parish Permission Form
7. Copy of Passport (unless you still need to renew it; this MUST be communicated to Mickayla)
8. Power of Attorney
Note* More paperwork will be required over time.
- Teens within our Collaborative who submit their forms and payments on or before October 1st with the intention of going to weekly mass (LifeTeen Mass preferred) and attending all the mandatory meetings (no exceptions, meeting are vital. Only a death in the family or serious illness excuses one from the meetings).
- Those who are part of Core.
- Teens within our Collaborative who are not on Core and haven’t been before and intend to make a commitment to weekly mass and all mandatory meetings.
- Everyone else.
Date: June 2018
Description: A week to engage and form High School students that will equip them to live as intentional disciples of Jesus Christ, empowering them to be leaders in their parishes, schools and respective communities. It is our hope that this program will serve as an effective complement to local efforts in teen faith formation in the various collaboratives and other local communities of the Archdiocese of Boston.
Departure, Return, & Transportation: TBD
Location: Northeast Catholic College in Waren, NH
Cost: $265; all inclusive (Transportation provided by Archdiocese)
Requirements (Paperwork, deadlines, etc.): http://www.bostoncatholic.org/discipleshipweek/
Costs: For more details, please contact Tahni Morell at email@example.com /(781) 413-5093.
Location: Lakeside Christian Conference Center in Pittsfield, MA.
Description: C.A.M.P.S. blends a variety of creative activities, music, games, talks, discussions, worship, concerts, campfires and tournaments into a powerful one week retreat adventure. It will be an opportunity for youth to meet new people, have a lot of fun in a way never imagined, to deepen their faith and strengthen them spiritually for challenges ahead.
Contact Information: For more information and for an online registration, visit www.campsministry.com, or contact Tahni Morell at firstname.lastname@example.org /(781) 413-5093.
Pilgrimage to Israel: