***Note: All required forms and payments are to be sent to: Resurrection Parish, Attn: Mickayla Hagar, 1057 Main st., Hingham, MA. Payments to be made out to “St. Paul’s Parish” with “Life Teen (insert event name)” in the memo.
All events are open to those in grades 9-12!
All events pending COVID-19 restrictions
Life Night 2020-2021:
Remaining Dates: 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/11, 4/25, 5/2
Location: Resurrection Church
Time: 6:30 – 8 PM; following the 5:30 PM Life Teen Mass
Description: Life Nights are open to all teens, grade 9-12, and also serve as an opportunity for those preparing for Confirmation to receive points. They will be the primary time each week where social activities, current teen issues, or catechesis will be given in an engaging and relevant way. Life Nights will be held following the Life Teen mass from 6:30-8 PM in Read Hall below Resurrection Church.
March For Life:
Who: Any High School student
Where: Washington D.C.
When: January 28th – 30th, 2021
What: In January, young people from the Archdiocese of Boston join hundreds of thousands of their peers in Washington, DC. This powerful event began as a small demonstration on the day the Supreme Court invalidated 50 state laws and made abortion legal through the historic Roe v. Wade decision. Join Seaside Life Teen as we peacefully march on our nations capital asking for the end to abortion in our country.
Deadline for registration, deposit and paperwork: November 1st, 2020
1. Parish Liability/Permission
2. Archdiocese Liability (Coming Soon)
3. Archdiocese Permission (Coming Soon)
4. Archdiocese Code of Conduct (Coming Soon)
5. Non-Refundable Deposit (made out to St. Paul with MFL 2021 and your child’s name in the memo: $50.00
Louisiana Mission Trip:
Who: Any High School student
Where: Abbeville, LA
When: February 13th – 20th, 2021
What: Spend 9 days with Family Mission Company’s full time missionaries in Louisiana and experience a life that is centered around evangelization and service. Work alongside FMC’s staff and full-time missionaries at our stateside mission base – Big Woods Mission. Our work here is centered around supporting our missionaries preaching the Gospel and serving the poor in the foreign mission field. You will be assisting us in that effort, as well as other work projects at the base. We are also committed to serving and ministering to the poor in our local community; some common activities have included partnering with the Christian Service Center in serving the poor of Abbeville, going on nursing home ministry, joining prayer meetings with the Spanish-speaking community, and serving food to the homeless at St. Joseph’s Diner in Lafayette. Desert day, a time of prayer and silence with the Lord, is often held at a nearby state park. After prayer time, you can enjoy the splash pad, canoe in the Vermilion River, or hike through the woods at the park. That evening you will get a little taste of Cajun cuisine and Cajun music.
Cost: $1,300 (cost of the trip plus transportation)
Deadline for Application: October 1st, 2020
Deadline for Paperwork/Deposit: October 10th, 2020
1. Parish Permission and Liability
3. Online Registration (Enter Code TBD)
4. $500.00 Non-Refundable Deposit (Made out to “St. Paul” with “LA 2021 and you/your child’s name” in the memo)
Virginia Mission Trip:
Who: Any High School student
Where: Jonesville, VA
When: April 18th – 24th, 2021
What: Travel with Seaside Life Teen to Jonesville, VA for a mission trip through Appalachia Service Project! “ASP provides one of the most rewarding structured service opportunities in the nation — bringing thousands of volunteers from around the country to rural Central Appalachia to repair homes for low-income families. Since 1969, we’ve made homes warmer, safer, and drier for families and provided transformational service experiences for volunteers. Last year, 16,231 volunteers served with ASP, providing critical repairs for 493 families and constructing over 60 new homes.”
Cost: $1,200 (cost of the trip plus transportation)
Deadline for Application: October 16th, 2020
Deadline for Paperwork/Deposit: October 29th, 2020
1. Parish Permission and Liability
3. Online Registration (Coming Soon)
4. $500.00 Non-Refundable Deposit (Made out to “St. Paul” with “VA 2021 and you/your child’s name” in the memo)
Discipleship Week (Can Substitute for Yearly Retreat):
Date: June 25th – 29th, 2021
Location: Assumption College Worcester, MA
Cost: $100.00 – Please make check payable to”St. Paul” with “Discipleship Week 20211 and you/your child’s name” in the memo
Deadline for Deposit/Paperwork: March 14th, 2021
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO PUT DOWN THE $50 DEPOSIT TO BRAINTREE (Checks should be made payable to “Office of Lifelong Faith Formation” with “Discipleship Week 2020” in the memo line. All checks will be mailed to: Office of Lifelong Faith Formation | Attn: Discipleship Week | 66 Brooks Dr. | Braintree, MA 02184) WITHIN 10 DAYS OF YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION TO HOLD YOUR SPOT. YOU WILL THEN ONLY OWE $50 TO ST. PAUL.
Description: Dig deep in your Catholic faith with other teens from all around New England. Learn more about the Gospel, prayer, leadership, and how to live as a disciple of Christ all on Assumption College’s beautiful campus. During free time join in outdoor sports, a movie night, indoor games, and for those artistically inclined (or not), arts and crafts!
Promo Video: https://vimeo.com/266398283
1. Online Registration: https://disciplesinmission.com/registration (Please provide proof of online registration by forwarding the confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Parish Liability and Permission Form
3. Archdiocese Liability Form: https://disciplesinmission.com/discipleshipweek (Please CC email@example.com on the email to the archdiocese for proof of a completed form)
4. Archdiocese Code of Behavior: https://disciplesinmission.com/discipleshipweek (Please CC firstname.lastname@example.org on the email to the archdiocese for proof of a completed form)
5. Modesty Guideline Acknowledgement: https://d2y1pz2y630308.cloudfront.net/14184/documents/2019/11/DW%20Modesty%20Guidelines.pdf (Please CC email@example.com on the email to the archdiocese for proof of a completed form)
6. Non-Refundable Payment – $50.00; Please make remainder of payment (see NOTE above) payable to”St. Paul” with “Discipleship Week 2021 and you/your child’s name” in the memo
College Summer School of Missionary Evangelization:
Location: Picota, Peru
Company: Family Missions Company
Cost: $1,500 plus airfaire
Description: This summer, Family Missions Company will again be hosting its annual Summer School of Missionary Evangelization (SSME). Join full-time missionaries for a month-long mission immersion program, learning about the Church’s mission while living it out! Students will enjoy an intense life of daily community and personal prayer, fellowship, service in various apostolates, and Christian formation through study. The curriculum will include an in-depth study of the Book of Acts, excerpts from documents of Vatican II related to evangelization, St. John Paul II’s encyclical Mission of the Redeemer, and core teachings from FMC’s Sí Señor program designed for forming FMC’s own full-time missionaries. The courses will be presented by our missionaries, including a teaching workshop equipping you with tools for spreading the Gospel. Participants will also enjoy occasional excursions and days of recollection in some of the most beautiful, awe-inspiring locations on the globe! If you are looking for more than a one-week trip and want to journey deeper into the Church’s mission, then our SSME program is designed for you. Consider spending a month with us this summer, growing in servant leadership and the ability to evangelize, while learning how to apply your missionary experience to everyday life.
Note: All fundraising, airlines etc. on your own
Summer Pilgrimage (Can Substitute for Yearly Retreat):
Date: July 28th – August 8th, 2021
Description: Join Seaside Life Teen as we travel on pilgrimage this summer!
Deadline For All Forms and deposit: February 17th, 2021
1. Parish Liability and Permission (Coming Soon)
2. Parish Application (Coming Soon)
3. Mandatory Liability Form (Name must match passport) (Coming Soon)
4. $500 Non-Refundable Deposit: (Covers spot and airfare; Made out to “St. Paul” with “Summer Pilgrimage 2021 and you/your child’s name” in the memo)
5. Photocopy of Passport (Must be valid for at least 6 months after final day of travel)
C.A.M.P.S (Can Substitute for Yearly Retreat):
Date: Monday, August 2nd – Saturday, August 7th, 2021
Costs: For more details, please contact Tahni Morell at firstname.lastname@example.org /(781) 413-5093.
Location: Lakeside Christian Conference Center in Pittsfield, MA.
Description: C.A.M.P.S. blends a variety of creative activities, music, games, talks, discussions, worship, concerts, campfires and tournaments into a powerful one week retreat adventure. It will be an opportunity for youth to meet new people, have a lot of fun in a way never imagined, to deepen their faith and strengthen them spiritually for challenges ahead.
Contact Information: For more information and for an online registration, visit www.campsministry.com, or contact Tahni Morell at email@example.com /(781) 413-5093.